Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pizza for Breakfast

I'm going to try a new format for this blog, although it'll be a minor change. It'll still be the same content, and nothing quite too strange.

So today, I spent most of the day recording my audio for Denice's scrapbook. It took a while, due to the fact that I was recording multiple times, trying to sync up some homemade beats, and writing the lyrics for a bit, all while learning to use Audacity for the first time ever. At the very end of the project, I ended up using music that I found hosted on the internet. The music had to be edited in order to fit the timing as well.

Lessons I learned from the whole experience:

1) The Flow Diagram is really important and is not to be underestimated.
2) Preparation is key, not only in keeping the area quiet and having all the proper equipment, but also being mentally and physically prepared.
3) You have to have fun with it, otherwise it becomes a chore.

Around me, music, Starcraft, Rock Band, and pizza were present. Today felt very short, but pretty relaxing.

====================================================================================

In my desire to turn over that same new leaf, I find myself regressing back to step one.

Consistency is going to be key, in order for me to get my vices to leave. I must appease the need without conceding, my own life, own soul, a fresh heart beating. My dreams are starting to come back as a reminder that one day, some day I'm going to find you, the house, car, whether Beamer or Benz, but to get this all started, we gotta be friends.

Right now I have to clear my mind and get my priorities straight, otherwise I fall into the trap of comfort, not knowing how much more grander life can really be. There's always a balance that I have to strike between family, friends, wealth, and society. Unfortunately, all sides tilt to left. My hope (which is not to say that I'm not actively trying to change) is more that I don't crash and burn.

====================================================================================

If following basketball has taught me anything, it's learning that the game is subject to societal forces. The purest form of the game is untainted by wealth, racism, power inequality.

No comments: