Monday, February 23, 2009

rice, porkchop, water

boredom at home some more-as i wonder what prison could be like, i realize that this now is the minimum security facility i've never wanted my whole life.

mornin started kinda rough and feelin kinda hungry.
not enough sleep, phone not in front of me.
jeff at the lib, called, asked if i wanted to chill, at a friend's place way up near mission hill.
decided to take my mornin kinda slow, although in an hour or so i'd be on the go.
7 eleven gettin my drink, while headin to copley gave me time to think.
in the 5 hour mark i suddenly noticed the weather. winds blowin so hard, makin streetlights sway like feathers.
hung around for a couple of minutes, tryin to get my head an my feelin all in it.
people lookin for books, and me to act funny. this other cat i know ditches his mat only fer money.
i said no, still kinda empty and broke. challenged him to a game, cause he's a total joke.
but he shrugs it away, and i leave him be. searchin around for the next mind candy.
monday night, 6 o clock, group that i goes. dinner had salsa, chips, burritos.
talked bout the sermon and words inspired from above. inquired and debatin bout what really is love.
an action, a feeling, a desired happy state? how really do we show it, how to avoid hate?
the night carries on, sittin here, feelin loose. refreshin my mind on some orange juice.

===================================================================

but i guess, let's get serious fer a moment. tnight, one the key questions was "is love a feeling, or an action?". from what i gather, we respond to the love we feel with actions for someone/something. that we don't know whether or not we do love, until we act, because how do we express our love? how do others know that we love them, or that they are loved, until they receive actions? what is it to feel love?

(narf..ok i rember the other thing that caught my mind). can someone who hasn't experienced love express it? sounds simple enough...i guess we start off by defining what love is, and also by defining the circumstances behind it. (my mind's in a haze right now, and my eyes hurt). hmm, to say that would be saying, can one do good and not know of the concept of good? most ppl would equate love with good, or rather, to love is to do good. goodness, however, may not equate to love. this would be presupposing that love is a conscious feeling, active and aware of its expression and intention. good can simply be done, without awareness or intent, intent being the desired purpose from the giver, and not so much to the recipent.

what i can only say is that, if nothing else, it is love that is hardest to understand, hardest to feel, hardest to do. but that being said...how much more important and fulfilling is it when finally attained?

====================================================================

guess there are a couple souls on my mind. gotta work on bein a better me, so that they can see Him. simple as that-my life's not my own.

No comments: